Mainland Company Formation
Business Setup / Company Formation Consultants in Dubai, UAE Mainland
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is a business hub for international trade. The country is a federation of seven Emirates namely, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah, Umm al Quwain and Fujairah with all advanced infrastructure facilities. It is also known as “The Heaven of Commerce” attracting investors here opting for Company Formation in the UAE.
The past years have shown us a steady growing economy with the support of Tax-free income, Policies & regulatory framework, government support & relationship with all countries etc. Dubai always attracts investors to plant their business seeds and achieve success that they desire. Dubai is a global trading hub and an investment destination in various business activities such as trading, import, export, logistics, hospitality, event management, financial services, construction and so on. All this has been made possible with the market’s sociable business policies of government making Company Formation in the UAE desirable and seamless.
The United Arab Emirates is a country always thriving and passionate to be at the top in the most advanced technologies and economic up-gradation in every sector. The UAE also provides world-class infrastructure, flexible government policies, acceptance of investors irrespective of the country of their origin.
Following are the reasons for the success of investments in Dubai, UAE:
- Government support for Import & Export, encouraging suppliers to access the global market.
- Resource-rich region due to Geographical structure.
- Global access with more than 100 Airlines and 175 Shipping lines.
- No trade barriers (No quotas for exchange controls)
- 100% repatriation of capital and profit.
- No personal and corporate tax
- No restrictions on the exchange of currency.
- Most advanced transportation facility
- Developed financial and service sector.
- Flexible government policies
- Access to a world-class lifestyle.
- Easy access and developed hospitality facilities, education and research centre and medical facilities.
1. Mainland Company Setup
A Mainland company is a company registered in the Department of Economic Development (DED) in the United Arab Emirates. This means that if you choose to conduct your business in the UAE Mainland, it is mandatory to register the business entity with one of the Department of Economic Development in the UAE, which will then provide you with a business license to start doing business in the UAE. In UAE all the seven emirates are having separate Department of Economic Development offices.
2. Free zone Company Setup
UAE Free Zones are special economic zones set up with the objective of offering tax-free, and free customs duty benefits to expatriate investors. UAE Free zones are designed for boosting international business by providing complete ownership to foreign investors. A free zone company is the most fruitful legal entity that not only offers the benefit of 100% ownership to the investors or entrepreneurs but a host of other exclusive advantages that other legal forms do not have. Normally for setting up companies in the UAE mainland, the expatriates need a local sponsor but through free zone companies the expatriate can set up their business without the local sponsor and he can enjoy 100% repatriation of capital profits. A free zone offers 100 % corporate and personal income tax benefits.
3. Offshore Company Set Up
A UAE Offshore Company is a legal business entity, where you can do business internationally, outside the UAE Jurisdiction. UAE Offshore companies can hold properties and companies in any part of the world including the UAE. Offshore Companies in the UAE should not be confused with UAE Free Zone companies. Unlike any other company, for setting up an Offshore company mandatorily requires a registered agent.
The Department of Economic Development (DED) with the institutional support from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce & Industry, is the statutory body that regulates and controls the licensing procedures for business setup services in Dubai or Company Formation in Dubai, UAE. It was formed to organize and activate industry as well as internal and external trade in the Emirate and prepare studies related to industrial and commercial activities. New business Setup or Company Formation in Dubai is now a hassle-free process than ever.
- Department of Economic Development, Dubai
- Economic Development Department, Sharjah
- Department of Economic Development, Abu Dhabi
- Department of Economic Development, Ajman
- Other Emirates: Municipality/ Chamber of Commerce
1. Trade License
A trade license is issued to a natural or juridical person for start-ups in Dubai to practice any trading activity for the purpose of profit-making through buying and selling of goods. For new business set up these kinds of licenses are issued for engaging wholesale or retail trade enterprises, contractors, hotels, transport and storing establishments etc., A Trading License can be a General Trading or Specific Trading. A specific trading license limits the scope of activities to trade in only closely related items. [For e.g. a company cannot trade in building materials if its licensed activity is trading in computer peripherals].
An industrial license is issued to a natural or juridical person to start-up in Dubai, UAE who choose to practice any investment activity, the object of which is to discover natural resources or transform raw materials in terms of its structure or appearance into manufactured products or to transform the semi-manufactured products into fully manufactured products by using mechanical power and segregate the products, filling, assembling or packing them.
3. Professional License
A professional license is issued to a natural or juridical person to form a new business set up in Dubai, UAE and practice any profession in which he depends on his physical or mental efforts rather than depending on a cash capital. This license is issued for start-ups in Dubai to practice certain professions such as engineering consultancy, management consultancy, other consultancy services and studies, auditing and accounting, medical and educational services and similar services.
Some of the business activities require approvals from government bodies other than Dubai DED like:
Activity: Road transport activities, Oil-related services, Legal activities, Telecommunications and Architectural & Engineering activities
Approving Authority: Road and Transport Authority, H.H. The Ruler’s Court, Telecommunications Regulatory Authority and Dubai Municipality.
Department/Section: Commercial Activities Department, Department of Petroleum Affairs, Legal Affairs Department, Licensing Department, Building Department and Veterinary Section
- Passport Copy / Emirates ID of the shareholders, managers including the local sponsor.
- Attested and Legalized Power of Attorney required if shareholders are not available in the UAE.
- No Objection Certificate from the existing sponsor for the UAE visa holders.
- The activity of the company
- Trade name of the company
- Initial Approval from license authority.
- Tenancy contract / Ejari for the office space
- Legally translated Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Special approvals if required for specific activities.
If the shareholder is a Foreign company – The documents required
- Certificate of registration of the company duly legalized and attested by the UAE Embassy/Consulate in the country of origin.
- Certificate of good standing of the company duly legalized and attested by the UAE Embassy/Consulate in the country of origin.
- Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company (Applicant Company) duly legalized and attested by the UAE Embassy/Consulate in the country of origin.
- Bank Reference Letter.
- Board resolution calling for the establishment of the new company in UAE, the appointment of Directors, Managers and Legal Representative duly attested by the UAE Embassy/consulate in the country of origin.
U.A.E. offers incoming businesses & start-ups in Dubai with all the advantages of a highly developed economy. The infrastructure and services match the highest international standards, facilitating efficiency, quality and service. Among them, the most advantageous benefits are:
- Free enterprise system.
- Highly developed transport infrastructure.
- State-of-the-art telecommunications.
- Sophisticated financial and services sector.
- Top international exhibition and conference venue.
- High-quality office and residential accommodation.
- Reliable power, utilities etc.
- First-class hotels, hospitals, schools, shops etc. Cosmopolitan lifestyle.